9:00 am Sunday 18th March 2018
Start & finish in The Square, High Street Shrewsbury, SY1.
- Race starts at 9:00 am in the High Street
- BRING YOUR RACE NUMBER
- Fill in the medical details on your race bib
- Check the weather and dress appropriately
- Bag drop will be busy and closes at 8:40 am
- Car parks are 5-10 mins walk away
- Grab a coffee and snack at one of the towns eateries opening early for you!
- Pay and Display car parks for the event are £1 all day.
- Parking will be recommended at Frankwell and The Abbey Foregate car park both of which are a 5-10 minute walk from the Start/finish.
- Town centre access will be restricted between 7:30 am and 12:00 pm.
- Bag/key drop facility at start/finish area.
- On-site toilets, catering & refreshments
- local car parking £1 all day.
A full schedule will be available nearer the event. Race stat 9:00 am.
- Bibtag technology is used with a disposable timing chip on the back of your number. This will be posted to you prior to the event. To check your entry please login or contact FR System HERE.
- All entries must be done online ENTER NOW.
- You must be 16 years of over on the date of the event
- FR Systems will post your bibtag race number to you two weeks before the event.
- You will also receive a final instructions email from us.
- No refunded entries. Deferrals and transferred names are allowed until 5/3/18
- For all entry inquiries/transfers please login to FR Systems following the link in your confirmation email.
- There will be adequate water provided for all competitors situated at approx 4-5KM as well as at the finish line.
- Salop Medical Services will be provide onsite and mobile first aid cover for the event in accordance with UKA guidelines.
- Marshals and officials on course will be clearly visible and available to assist you. Please adhere to any instructions given by Marshals, Race Directors, Traffic Management and Medics.
- Contact us for opportunities to become a Marshal or race representative.
All finishers will receive:
- Bespoke medal
- Technical sports event T-shirt.
- Bottle of water at finish Line
- Healthy snack!
- FREE event photos available to download
- Prizes will be awarded to the first Male and Female in each age category (based on gun time).
- Spot prizes on the day
- Are you aiming to improve your time?
- looking to complete the race feeling a little more comfortable?
- Perhaps this is the first time you've run this distance?
- The route has been officially measured and certified as 10km by AUKCM.
- Full UKA Licence number 2017-26104
As a participant in the Shrewsbury 10k I agree to abide by the current law and rules of competition of UK Athletics. I declare that I will be over the age of 16 on the date of the race. I declare that I understand the nature and distance of the event, the physical preparation required and that I am fit to participate and do so at my own risk. I understand that the organisers will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may occur as a result of my participation. I am aware and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, negotiating the course, effects of weather, traffic and condition of the road. I hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, Ultimate Fitness Experience, sponsors, promoters, host venue, representatives and all other persons associated with the event for all my liabilities, claims, actions or damages that I may have against them out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- There are no refunds, name transfers and deferals are available until 5/3/18
Full details will be released nearer the time of the event in 2018.
- Access into town will be available for those visiting church services. For all other access requirements please contact us to discuss your needs and we will be happy to try to accommodate you.
- email@example.com Tom 07761 989433 Simon 07581155723
- You will receive your race number/timing chip in the post a week-10 days before the event.
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices (other than those medically prescribed) is not advised at this event.
- The race directors have deemed this course to be unsuitable for participants wishing to push a child in a pushchair.
- Spectators are free to watch from anywhere on course but are requested to be mindful of obstructing runners. Spectators do so at their own risk.
- Refunds are not granted as per terms and conditions.
- For all name transfers and deferrals please login to FR systems entry hub
like us on facebook
Keep up to date with daily fitness and nutrition tips.