9:00 am Sunday 22nd July 2018
Start & finish in The Square, High Street Shrewsbury, SY1.
- Final instructions
- Race starts at 9:00 am in the High Street
- BRING YOUR RACE NUMBER
- Fill in the medical details on your race bib
- Check the weather and dress appropriately
- Bag drop will be busy and closes at 8:40 am
- Car parks are 5-10 mins walk away
- Grab a coffee and snack at one of the towns eateries opening early for you!
- Pay and Display car parks for the event are £1 all day.
- Parking will be recommended at Frankwell and The Abbey Foregate car park both of which are a 5-10 minute walk from the Start/finish.
- Town centre access will be restricted between 7:30 am and 12:00 pm.
- Bag/key drop facility at start/finish area.
- On-site toilets, catering & refreshments
- local car parking £1 all day.
- Road closures in place from 8:00am onwards, Car parks accessible.
- Registration (for late entry number collection only) 7:45am-8:45am
- Safety Briefing 8:45am
- Race stat 9:00 am.
- Bibtag technology is used with a disposable timing chip on the back of your number. This will be posted to you prior to the event. This must be worn on your front during the race.
- All entries must be done online ENTER NOW.
- You must be 16 years of over on the date of the event
- FR Systems will post your bibtag race number to you before the event.
- You will also receive a final instructions email from us.
- No refunded entries. Deferrals and transferred names are allowed until 5/3/18
- email@example.com for all enquiries
- There will be adequate water provided for all competitors situated at approx 4-5KM next to the Hambrook House B&B who kindly provide enthusiastic volunteers to keep you hydrated and motivated!
- More bottled water available at the finish line.
- Salop Medical Services will be provide onsite and mobile first aid cover for the event in accordance with UKA guidelines.
- Marshals and officials on course will be clearly visible and available to assist you. Please adhere to any instructions given by Marshals, Race Directors, Traffic Management and Medics.
- Contact us for opportunities to become a Marshal or race representative.
All finishers will receive:
- Bespoke medal
- Technical sports event T-shirt.
- Bottle of water at finish Line
- Chocolate bar!
- FREE event photos available to download
- Prizes will be awarded to the first Male and Female in each age category (based on gun time).
- Are you aiming to improve your time?
- looking to complete the race feeling a little more comfortable?
- Perhaps this is the first time you've run this distance?
As a participant in the Shrewsbury 10k I agree to abide by the current law and rules of competition of UK Athletics. I declare that I will be over the age of 16 on the date of the race. I declare that I understand the nature and distance of the event, the physical preparation required and that I am fit to participate and do so at my own risk. I understand that the organisers will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may occur as a result of my participation. I am aware and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, negotiating the course, effects of weather, traffic and condition of the road. I hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, Ultimate Fitness Experience, sponsors, promoters, host venue, representatives and all other persons associated with the event for all my liabilities, claims, actions or damages that I may have against them out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- Access into town will be available for those visiting church services. For all other access requirements please contact us to discuss your needs and we will be happy to try to accommodate you.
- firstname.lastname@example.org Tom 07761 989433 Simon 07581155723
- You will receive your race number/timing chip in the post before the event.
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices (other than those medically prescribed) is not advised at this event.
- The race directors have deemed this course to be unsuitable for participants wishing to push a child in a pushchair.
- Spectators are free to watch from anywhere on course but are requested to be mindful of obstructing runners. Spectators do so at their own risk.
- Refunds are not granted as per terms and conditions.
- There are no deferrals available to 2019 event.
- Name transfer deadline is 19/7/18
like us on facebook
Keep up to date with daily fitness and nutrition tips.