SUNDAY 15th March 2020
We are excited to announce an alteration to the route for the Mercedes-Benz of Shrewsbury 10k. Take a look then secure your place in the 2020 race.
Limited spaces will be available for this event. Don’t miss out!
Welcome to the Mercedes Benz of Shrewsbury 10K, an exciting event on the road race calendar. This is a true town 10K with closed roads and a grand start & finish in the High Street of Shrewsbury. Suitable for all levels of ability with professional chip timing, bespoke medals and technical T-shirts for all competitors. UKA rules and regulations with a AUKCM measured course apply.
We are proud of our hometown and whether you are from Shrewsbury & surrounding areas or visiting for this event then you’ll be sure to enjoy this 10K route. Starting in the historic market town High Street, the route will soon open up as you take on a couple of hills in the first 3km. You’ll enjoy a taste of Shrewsbury’s residential areas, the towns major river crossings, the beautiful tree-lined quarry park and be welcomed back into the busy Town Centre Square with great support from spectators.
9:00 am Sunday 15th March 2020
Start & finish in The Square, High Street Shrewsbury, SY1.
General info/Race Checklist
- Final Instructions email will be sent a week to 10 days before the event
- Race Numbers will be posted to you
- Race starts at 9:00 am in the High Street
- BRING/WEAR YOUR RACE NUMBER
- Fill in the medical details on your race bib
- Check the weather and dress appropriately
- Bag drop will be busy and closes at 8:40 am
- Car parks are 5-10 mins walk away
- Grab a coffee and snack at one of the town's eateries opening early for you!
- Parking will be recommended at Frankwell and The Abbey Foregate Car Park both of which are a 5-10 minute walk from the Start/finish These car parks are currently free of charge on Sundays
- Town centre access will be restricted between 7:30 am and 12:00 pm
- Car park fees may apply in other areas
- FREE Bag/key drop facility at start/finish area
- Onsite toilets, catering & refreshments
- Local car parking £1 all day
Race day Schedule
- Full and rolling road closures in place from 8:00am onwards, Car parks accessible
- Registration (for late entry number collection only) 7:45am-8:45am
- Safety Briefing 8:45am
- Race stat 9:00 am
Timing Chips/Race bibs
Bibtag technology is used with a disposable timing chip on the back of your number. This will be posted to you prior to the event. This must be worn on your front during the race.
Entries & enquiries
- All entries must be done online in advance
- You must be 16 years of over on the date of the event
- FR Systems will post your bibtag race number to you before the event
- You will also receive a final instructions email from us
- No refunded entries. Name transfers are allowed until 10/3/20 (please follow the link from your entry confirmation email from Entryhub/FR systems to change name and details)
- Email email@example.com for all enquiries
Water stations/First Aid
- There will be adequate water provided for all competitors situated at approx 4-5KM next to the Hambrook House B&B who kindly provide enthusiastic volunteers to keep you hydrated and motivated!
- More bottled water available at the finish line
- Medical Services will be provided onsite and mobile first aid cover for the event in accordance with UKA guidelines
- Marshals and officials on course will be clearly visible and available to assist you. Please adhere to any instructions given by Marshals, Race Directors, Traffic Management and Medics
- Contact us for opportunities to become a Marshal or race representative
All finishers will receive:
- Bespoke medal
- Technical sports event T-shirt
- Bottle of water at Finish Line
- Finishers flapjack
- FREE event photos available to download
- Prizes will be awarded to the first Male and Female in each age category (based on gun time)
- Are you aiming to improve your time?
- Looking to complete the race feeling a little more comfortable?
- Perhaps this is the first time you've run this distance?
Some basic information is available here to ensure you are physically and mentally ready. If you have any further questions or would like more detailed training plans please contact us.
UKA Licence/AUKCM Certificate
- The route has been officially measured and certified as 10km by AUKCM Course measurement certificate
- Full UKA Licenced event
The Shrewsbury 10k has been made possible thanks to the support of the following companies and organisations: Mercedes Benz of Shrewsbury
If you are interested in Sponsorship opportunities please contact us.
- You will receive your race number/timing chip in the post before the event
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices (other than those medically prescribed) is not advised at this event
- The race directors have deemed this course to be unsuitable for participants wishing to push a child in a pushchair
- Spectators are free to watch from anywhere on course but are requested to be mindful of obstructing runners. Spectators do so at their own risk
- Refunds are not granted as per Terms and Conditions
- As per the Terms and Conditions There are no refunds or deferrals available
- Name transfer deadline is 10/3/20
- No dogs are allowed with the exception of guide dogs with prior notice